Things to Do near Rothenburg Family Park in Saskatchewan
We are the golfing capital of the world!! Boasting more holes per capita than anywhere else ensures great tee times and virtually no line ups. We have the following 11 courses all located within a 45 minute drive from your spot:
- Emma Lake Golf Course 18 holes – 8kms
- Lazy K par 3 family course – 9 holes 20kms
- Spruce Home Golf Course – 9 holes 40kms
- Mark’s Nine - 9 holes 45kms
- Prince Albert Cooke Municipal Golf Course 18 holes – 50kms
- Fairview Fairways - 9 holes 53kms
- Waskesiu Lobstick Golf Course - 18 holes 60kms
- ElkRidge Golf Course - 27 holes 60kms
- Kachur’s Golf Course - 18 holes 60kms
- Silver Hills Golf Course – 9 holes 68kms
- Candle Lake Golf Course 18 holes – 75kms
There is no shortage of places to swim, boat, and water ski nearby. Check out these locations:
- Emma and Christopher Lakes – both are great recreational lakes allowing personal water crafts, skiing, tubing, wake boats etc.
- Murray Point Emma Lake Boat Launch - 3.2kms (free launching)
- Sunset Bay Resort and Marina – 6kms – Launching (fee), full service marina, slip rental
- Christopher Lake boat launch at Spruce Point – 12kms (free launching) & Bell’s beach 16kms
- Anglin Lake 2 boat launches 30kms
Prince Albert National Park
Canada is home to many national parks and Rothenbrug Family Park is proud to be near one of the best. There are some great fishing lakes which all have launches. All you need is a valid national park pass to use them. Sandy Lake the closest being only 12kms away – The Narrows, Waskesiu Lake, Hanging Heart Lakes, Crean Lake, and Kingsmere. All are within a one hour drive and allow motorized boats. Namekus Lake is a canoeist or kayaker’s dream. Non-motorized boats only and located just south of Waskesiu town site and don’t forget to take in Grey Owls Cabin on Aajawan Lake.
Dining, Entertainment, Shopping, Restaurants
- Fern’s Grocery & Restaurant- Murray Point (seasonal May to September)
- Sunset Bay Resort – The Beach House
- Lake Country Cottage Restaurant, Christopher Lake Village
- Yellow Fender Bistro and Catering , Christopher Lake Village
- Aandies Restaurant, Christopher Lake Village
- Full Circle Restaurant, North Side
- Sunnyside Neighborhood Pub
- Jewel of the North
- Sunset Bay Resort – The Beach House
- Christopher Lake Heritage Hotel
- Mr. T’s – Northside
Other Entertainment & Shopping:
- Zip Lining – Elk Ridge Resort
- Paddle Boat/Water Bike rentals – Sunset Bay Resort Marina
- Emma Lake Mini Golf – Sunnyside
- Jason Leo Bantle Gallery
- Northside Art and Antiques
- The Gallery House
- Nicas Clothing
- Bear Country Living @ Ambrose Grocery
- The Fudge Factory @ Ambrose Grocery
- Floral Magic & Summer’s Past Greenhouse – Next to Ambrose
- Saturday Morning Farmer’s Market on Christopher Lake is open every Saturday all summer long.
- Waskesiu Townsite has too many shops, restaurants and activities to name.
When you stay or live at Rothenburg Family Park, you’ll also be near:
- Real Estate
- Post Office
- Catholic and Anglican Churches
- K-8 School
Winter, spring, summer and fall
There are several activities you can do in every season. Whether you’re a snow bunny or a summer beach bum, or you enjoy the beautiful changes and colors in spring and fall, Rothenburg Family Park is at the center of it all. We offer:
- Over 400 kilometers of groomed snowmobile trails – ride right to your door. We are located on the Trans-Canada snowmobile trail.
- Quadding – When the snow melts most of these trails offer great quadding experiences for all skill levels and yes you can quad to your door.
- Hiking, biking, jogging – the area abounds will miles and miles of trails for the outdoor enthusiast. We are 5 minutes from the south gate of the Prince Albert National Park that is home to numerous interpretive nature walks, cross country ski trails, and awesome photography opportunities.
- Ice Fishing – Emma, Christopher and Anglin Lakes turn into ice hut communities every winter. There is nothing like getting together with the gang over a hot beverage and a fishing story while sitting on three feet of ice.